Hello Gorgeous! I’m guessing if you’re reading this post, you’re looking to shed a few extra pounds. Maybe you have a special event coming up, a weekend away, or maybe you just want to start living a healthier lifestyle and feel great in your own skin! Here is my round up of the best apps that have helped me lose weight.
- Lose It! – This is my number 1, Holy Grail, weight loss app. This helps me log my calories, log my exercise and counts my steps. All in one place! It even congratulates me when I reach milestones and lets me join fun challenges to make weight loss a little more enjoyable. Daydreamer Tip: Start with the 1 pound plan until you’re comfortable there, then slowly restrict calories until you reach the 2 pound plan. You’re going to slip up sometimes, that’s okay!! Start slow, set reasonable goals, and you’ll be less likely to lie to the app about what you’ve eaten and more likely to stick to your goal long-term.
- C25K – Couch to 5k is my all time favorite exercise app. I’ve tried dozens of apps over the years (and even exercise videos) that give you exercise routines and schedules to follow, but I never was able to stick to them. This app uses interval training to make even a couch potato like me into a 5k runner. The weirdest thing is, I’ve always hated to run. I was even the total slow poke on my soccer team in high school.Well guess what, y’all? I’m officially in love with running. I actually look forward to when my running buddies (my dog and my boyfriend) and I all go to the nearest park and follow the interval plan that this app gives you. Since it slowly builds up endurance, I never get discouraged and I’m able to actually stick to the plan. Daydreamer Tip: Invest in cute running clothes and tennis shoes that you only can wear when you go running. Keep the shoes by your front door. Look at your schedule for the week and pick out three days you have time to go running. Just do it!
- Pinterest – I know, I know. Pinterest is pretty much good for anything and you’re probably thinking this barely counts as a suggestion, but hear me out. I use Pinterest to help me with my weight loss in four different ways.
- First, for yoga. I love to do some light yoga after a run, just to stretch out my muscles and keep me from getting sore. Search “Yoga for Weight Loss” and you’ll find a quick routine you can do a couple times a week when you don’t have time for your run. Daydreamer Tip: I also use yoga to help me de-stress, to improve my flexibility and balance, and even help relieve menstrual cramps.
- Second, for healthy meal planning. I like to sit down and make my grocery lists while scrolling through healthy snacks and meals.
- Third, for inspiration. This is the number one way Pinterest helps me lose weight. It keeps me on track. Reading other people’s success stories, reading inspirational quotes, seeing before and after pictures – all of these remind me that I CAN do it.
- Waterlogged – This is last on my list because I don’t use it as much as I should. Hey, I’m human! Drinking enough water is hard for me. It’s bland and boring. (Not to mention it sends me running to the bathroom all day!) But it’s so important to drink enough water, and this app helps you keep up with it. You set how much water you need to drink and you keep logging your water until the bottle is full! Daydreamer Tip: Add fruit or Mio Drops to your water to make it more interesting. Get a cute water bottle and take it everywhere you go!
Alright y’all, that’s a wrap on my favorite apps for weight loss! Let me know if you try them out and what works best for you!